Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/08/2021 8:19 am  #1

JoshLevittHealth----> Took jab, I emailed sarcastic note.

"Vaccine Warning" <newsletters@upwellness.com>
Re: CDC issues Urgent Vaccine Update

You're now part of the experimental group... against the Geneva Convention. Congrats.
https://rickpotvin63.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=500

>Hide original messageEdit
On Saturday, May 8, 2021, 05:30:50 AM MST, Vaccine Warning <newsletters@upwellness.com> wrote:

If you are having trouble viewing this email, click here.

I got the COVID Vaccine (here’s what you need to know)

Dear Friend,

When the first COVID vaccines became available in Connecticut in mid-December 2020, I was assigned to Group 1A: Healthcare Providers.

Healthcare providers get to go straight to the front of the line.

At that point, about 300,000 Americans had already died of COVID, and daily case counts, hospitalizations, and death numbers were all bad news.

I knew that at my age, I was in a fairly low risk group for bad COVID outcome. I’m grateful that my wife and our three kids are too. My clinical practice had become entirely telemedicine...so I was no risk to my patients. I was diligent about mask wearing and social distancing and I did my best to avoid contact with anyone at increased risk.

I ate well. I exercised every day. I used my knowledge of vitamins, minerals and herbal medicine to develop a reasonable immune support regimen and... I took a gamble.

When Group 1A was called...I didn’t sign up.

I admit it. I was skeptical. I was scared...both of COVID...and the vaccines. At that point, COVID itself was the “devil you know” and the vaccines were the “devil you don’t.” They were new. They used a different technology. There was no long term data. (There still isn’t.) In December, I just wasn’t comfortable.

Other brave healthcare workers, including many of my friends and colleagues made a different choice...and over the following weeks, the number of vaccinated people (healthcare providers and others) across the world rose steadily into the tens of millions.

I watched closely. The data looked good, actually great. The vaccines were proving themselves to be well-tolerated, and astonishingly effective at reducing serious illness and death from COVID. Their record of safety and efficacy began to change my mind.

By late February, I was ready to do my part. To be a part of the solution.

I navigated the VAMS website portal and got my appointment… the first available was not until May. I learned that appointments become available as the vaccines are allotted to each site...so I checked back over and over and then...

Last week, Thursday...a spot opened up for me.

I’d never been to the health department downtown before. The mood in the building was one of cautious optimism. Dozens of people in the waiting room seemed nervous but excited. The clinic was staffed by eager volunteers who offered congratulations to everyone who signed up.

I was shown to a private exam room where a retired physician with an iPad and a syringe was waiting for me. A few quick questions about my medical history...and she was good to go.

She injected the Moderna mRNA vaccine into my left arm, covered the spot with a band-aid and said congratulations. She then showed me to a hallway lined with chairs six feet apart. Above each one was a timer set to 15 minutes...so we could all be observed for acute adverse reactions. I felt fine throughout my 15 minutes, my timer went off, and I headed home.

That night, my arm was sore. It was still sore the next morning...but otherwise I felt pretty good. Then, later that day...I started to feel achy, chilled, and my arm pain was increasing. It was a tough, uncomfortable night.

At about 48 hours after my immunization I still had mild flu-like symptoms and my arm still hurt...but I felt better the next day.

So now I'm back to feeling 100% like myself. The only side effect I experienced was that I went through a few days where I didn't feel my best. And I feel grateful for that.

As a naturopathic physician, I have spent a career devoted to “natural” medicine so my willingness to get the vaccine (even with my delay) might surprise you. I understand that. I understand being scared and skeptical. I understand that there is lots of conflicting information out there...much of it intended to misinform and confuse.

Based on the scientific evidence at this point....I feel strongly that getting the disease is worse than the vaccine. That’s why I got mine.

Stay safe and be well,
Dr. Josh

Board footera