Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/06/2021 6:41 pm  #1

RickPotvinOriginalReport---> My covid conversation with a new clerk.

RickPotvinOriginalReport---> My covid conversation with a new clerk.
Sept. 6, Labour Day, 2021.

I had occasion to visit Ross Dept. Store at the plaza around the corner. Everyone there is wearing masks-- customers and employees. As the Ross clerk-- a young man seemingly in his 20's, a bit taller than me, masked up-- can't recall blue or black or coloured.... worked super fast-- almost inhumanly fast-- inexplicably fast. I attempted a little bit of polite small talk anyway, but still shocked at how fast this man's greetings and movements were. I wondered if he's "on something".

"So does the management here make you wear that mask?"... I ventured as politely as I could without being demanding in my question.
"It's our choice", he said. "But they encourage it".
"Can you be fired if you don't wear it?"
"They haven't said that... but it just GOES WITH THE TERRITORY".

Bang. This kid thinks, believes and acts upon MASKING "going with the territory". Wow... so this is HOW authoritarianism / tyranny starts. RIGHT there. He just accepts it... as "going with the territory".  I nearly threw up as my stomach churned while holding back any further comment. I managed to get out one last question.

"Do they make you vaccinate?"
"No"

The exchange was over as I thanked him for his cash-out service... "Have a great day"... but it took me a few hours to get a grip on myself after sampling that population of young people who believe that masks have any validity whatsoever. In my day, there were student revolts, protests, and instant editorials to local papers by phone. This kid has basically become one of Mao's Red Guard. He'll be one of the first to pick up a rifle and start shooting the unmasked on orders from his commander. It goes with the territory.

9/06/2021 8:15 pm  #2

Re: RickPotvinOriginalReport---> My covid conversation with a new clerk.

Rick says- I just found a perfect flyer to hand to others...
http://stateofthenation.co/?p=82984

Board footera