Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/27/2021 8:47 pm  #1

Rick Potvin vs. Spoke and Wheel Tavern---> Mask Nazis

This is a legal notice. Your manager Ryan Segall and the fairly tall waitress who first asked me to mask up are in violation of the City of Phoenix Religious Exemption for Mask rule. You can talk to Ryan about it. He'll definitely recall it. If you'd like more information on this incident, feel free to email me. I've been a customer of various owners of your location for many years. I also blog and will be publishing this notice. Be sure to read the links below. You're on record now as is the waitress and Ryan.
You who read this should forward these links to the owner of Spoke and Wheel Tavern...
https://i.postimg.cc/x8tZRxZQ/spoke-1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/MTtt2cmb/spoke-2.jpg

3/01/2021 6:20 pm  #2

Re: Rick Potvin vs. Spoke and Wheel Tavern---> Mask Nazis

The other encounter was with Ryan Segall, manager of the restaurant on Central. He was adamant about my leaving the restaurant after I talked back to a waitress when she said I have to wear a mask while walking through the restaurant but once seated for a beer I could take it off. I looked at the customer seated there and asked him "isn't that rediculous".. he said " if that's their rule you have to". I said "No that's not true... Phoenix has a religious exemption law" and I held up my lanyard.

The manager came toward me, out of nowhere. I think the waitress called him for help. I repeated that I have a religious exemption to masking... he asked me to leave without any discussion. I handed him the flyer about religious exemption, he took it then gave it back, I took it back-- odd thing for me to do... then... I taunted him... on what basis are you asking me to leave? He didn't answer... I said I'll leave when I'm ready. He said now.  I sort of watched myself go to the front door because I had not planned this out very well and my car was still running outside. I only wanted to check on the situation real quick and imagined simply asking what their policy was.

I stopped and turned at the front door. He said leave now. I said I'll leave when I'm ready. Why not call the cops? Other customers opened the door and I naturally exited the confrontation. I called him a mask nazi and shouted to ingoing customers that they do NOT need a mask and that there is a city of pheonix exemption for religious belief. I drove off wondering why I didn't plan that out better.

3/14/2021 9:00 am  #3

RE: cuOther - Form SubmissionMar 8 at 8:56 AM  PrintRaw messageContactUs PIO <contactus@phoenix.gov>To: rick_potvin@yahoo.com <rick_potvin@yahoo.com>Good morning Mr. Potvin, The role of the Phoenix Police Department in this matter is to enforce state laws and executive orders from the Office of the Arizona Governor.  In Arizona, if a person believes they have been discriminated against with respect to public accommodation, they must file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, Civil Rights Division, within 180 days.https://www.azag.gov/civil-rights/discrimination/public-accommodation If a person believes they are a victim of discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, or other protected classes, they can file a complaint with the US department of Justice.https://www.justice.gov/crt/how-file-complaint and https://www.justice.gov/crt/fcs  Thank you, ArielContactUsFrom: no-reply@phoenix.gov <no-reply@phoenix.gov>
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 14:13
To: ContactUs PIO <contactus@phoenix.gov>
Subject: cuOther - Form Submission First and Last Name : Rick PotvinEmail : rick_potvin@yahoo.comComments : Two local businesses have asked me to leave their premises because I was not wearing a mask despite my Religious Exemption as stated in Phoenix exemptions...

Who are exempt from wearing a face covering?
• Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Children under two years old [ amended by County Order].
• People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.
unquote

Can I have City of Phoenix notify the two business that they are violating Religious Beliefs under City rules?

Violators of City of Phoenix Religious Exemption from mask:

1. Spoke and Wheel on Central on Friday Feb. 28 around 5 pm. by manager Ryan Segall.
2. Starbucks Coffee on Dunlap just east of Central on Monday March 1 at 11 am by anonymous clerks.
3. Guitar Center on Peoria has been formally violating my religious exemption request since November when I first emailed their management and they have ignored my link to the City religious exemption.

I'll be publishing this request for the City of Phoenix to have a suggestion as to how I may respond to these business violating the City religious exemption for masks on my blog. I'll be blogging publicly about with the City's response is and what my options are. I would eventually be looking to publish my results more widely and to circulate them until I get that 15 minutes of fame, nationally, given my spare time and inclination. Better still would be for the City to contact the businesses or to appear on local TV and media to re-state the exemptions so that everyone knows about it instead of me having to deal with being rejected by uneducated-about-religious-exemption-businesses.Submission ID: 670e8b4dc6fc4739b5ac978d29c4c5fcForm Submission On : 3/4/2021 2:12:34 PMReferer: https://phoenix.gov/pio/contactThis is Not Spam - This message is sent on behalf of the City of Phoenix.
Please handle appropriately.

3/14/2021 9:08 am  #4

From the email above, we see this...

"The role of the Phoenix Police Department in this matter is to enforce state laws and executive orders from the Office of the Arizona Governor."

I conclude that Phoenix PD are enforcing "executive orders" from the "governor" that VIOLATE civil rights public accomodation law. I should not have to go to the AG or Dept of Justice individually since the PD is already acquainted with civil rights laws. The AG and Dept of Justice and Phoenix PD would have all of us anti-maskers make thousands of "complaints" individually, clearly absurd. Phoenix PD has chosen to override civil rights laws and have passed the buck. Restaurant owners and corporations are clearly operating lawlessly as is the PD. 

There is no hope. The entire system is compromised, corrupt and I see nothing but lawless chaos ahead.

3/17/2021 9:50 am  #6

I'd like to get the name of a lawyer who represents Spoke & Wheel.

Owner Jason T. and mgr. Ryan Segall-- and waitresses-- are currently violating City of Phoenix mask-exemption codicil for facial coverings... incident with my visit Sat. Feb. 27 5 pm.

City exemption published notice...   https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/em-and-hs
Who are exempt from wearing a face covering?
    •    Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Children under two years old [ amended by County Order].
    •    People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.

As well, Civil Rights Act 1964 prohibits businesses that are "places of public accomodation" from excluding people based on religious beliefs.

NEW: Mask wearing is medically ineffective.  Advising people to wear masks constitutes medical advice which is prohibited. Mask wearing for entry and walk to table but taking mask off is plainly idiotic. Mask wearing is  a religious ritual with a long history-- and psychologists have proven it changes personality. Masks play important roles in,

religious

healing

EXORCISM

funerary rituals...

source: https://bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cienciareal66.htm

So... to make these points clearer to Jason and Ryan, I'll need Spoke & Wheel's lawyer's name... because we're going to be using selected businesses as examples in various media as to how to deal with masking requests. I'll be looking for your response via my email within 30 days. This email notice will be published on my blog today. We're well positioned to resist and push back on the kind of forced masking that Ryan pushed on me last month and we intend to proceed with legal action consistent with the larger anti-mask movement in the world-at-large which is growing stronger.

One thing I can advise you on now, without legal counsel... is that your website should include what to expect as a masking-demand when one arrives at your business. Currently there is nothing on the website indicating that. Ok?

Rick Potvin, local neighbour and past customer-- but never again.

4/05/2021 7:46 pm  #7

UPDATE- The GOVERNOR of AZ, Doocy, no less--- has LIFTED the mask "mandate"... and has made it illegal... for cities and counties to enforce masks. However... get this-- !!! ... companies and schools can still do it on their own. This is a real mess. At first it seemed like anti-maskers kicked part of the door down... but then we get pious companies "enforcing" their own UNCONSITUTIONAL rules-- that people MUST wear dirty and dangerous paper/cloth masks to enter their "PUBLIC ACCESS" [legal term] facilities.

I'm noticing more online reporting of FURIOUS pushback against this nonsense in Europe... more than in FREEDOM loving America...

8/05/2021 11:09 am  #8

SPOKE AND WHEEL is now CLOSED and building is for sale.

Board footera