Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/20/2020 7:41 am  #1

My first published instance of my new coinage GLUTERONICS.

I'm now up there with Ev Cooper for coining the word "cryonics". Even though I have very little to do with cryonics these days, and even though I had absolutely nothing to do with the uploading-prelude-strategy that the people who DID develop the process-- and subsequently called it Aldehyde Stabilized Cryopreservation or APC-- I'm pretty good with werds. That's an example. A weird word could be a werd. See how that werks? Instead of the geeky and clunky aldehyde-stabilized-cryopreservation term and the absolutely meaningless, dry, drab, non-memorable acronym APC... that's really bad... I coined.... GLUTERONICS... first openly published at the following link...

https://33rdsquarebusinesstools.blogspot.com/2013/10/connectomics-and-cryonics.html?showComment=1608466070940#c51207880814775038751 comment: Leave Your CommentsRickDecember 20, 2020 at 4:07 AMThis is an excellent overview of the situation in cryonics. I'm personally interested in the Hayworth/Seung approach but the acronymns don't strike me as very memorable. At first, it occurred to me that "gluonics" might be a good word but I discovered it's already taken by physicists who are exploring gluons. I'm not a big fan of particle physics but I'll look at that later. For now, I'd like to coin my new word for the awkward "Aledehyde Stabilized Cryopreservation" as.... drum roll please...... scroll down and feast your mind on the NEW term for ASC....

GLUTERONICS.

Board footera