Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/05/2021 10:10 am  #1

City of Phoenix----> my request for religious exemption enforcement

https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/em-and-hs

How will this requirement be enforced?   
We intend to lead with education and providing information to the community.
    •    Officers will work to educate the public on this order and when possible will have masks on hand to provide to people who do not have one.
    •    Upon complaint, available officers will share information with residents who are not in compliance with the order.  This will include CDC guidelines suggesting wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
See Impacted Services Updates to learn what's impacted or closed and what's still operating with city services and facilities.

Who are exempt from wearing a face covering?
    •    Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Children under two years old [ amended by County Order].
    •    People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.
    •    

Two local businesses have asked me to leave their premises because I was not wearing a mask despite my Religious Exemption as stated in Phoenix exemptions...

Who are exempt from wearing a face covering?
    •    Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Children under two years old [ amended by County Order].
    •    People whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.
unquote

Can I have City of Phoenix notify the two business that they are violating Religious Beliefs under City rules?

Violators of City of Phoenix Religious Exemption from mask:

1. Spoke and Wheel on Central on Friday Feb. 28 around 5 pm. by manager Ryan Segall.
2. Starbucks Coffee on Dunlap just east of Central on Monday March 1 at 11 am by anonymous clerks.
3. Guitar Center on Peoria has been formally violating my religious exemption request since November when I first emailed their management and they have ignored my link to the City religious exemption.

I'll be publishing this request for the City of Phoenix to have a suggestion as to how I may respond to these business violating the City religious exemption for masks on my blog. I'll be blogging publicly about with the City's response is and what my options are. I would eventually be looking to publish my results more widely and to circulate them until I get that 15 minutes of fame, nationally, given my spare time and inclination. Better still would be for the City to contact the businesses or to appear on local TV and media to re-state the exemptions so that everyone knows about it instead of me having to deal with being rejected by uneducated-about-religious-exemption-businesses.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Awr9CW5nQ0FgyOsAOQRXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA3NmcARmcjIDc2ItdG9wBGdwcmlkA3F6MG9UWEFQVDVhVjc5WDdBSEdGTEEEbl9yc2x0AzAEbl9zdWdnAzIEb3JpZ2luA3NlYXJjaC55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzAEcHFzdHIDBHBxc3RybAMwBHFzdHJsAzMwBHF1ZXJ5A2NpdHklMjBvZiUyMHBob2VuaXglMjBtYXNrJTIwZXhlbXB0aW9uBHRfc3RtcAMxNjE0ODg5ODQ0?p=city+of+phoenix+mask+exemption&fr2=sb-top&fr=sfp

•    PHX At Your Service
    •    PHX Pay Online
    •    Map It
    •    Find Public Records
    •    PHXTV
    •    Translate
City of Phoenix > Contact Us

https://www.phoenix.gov/contactus

City Hall at Your Service
The city of Phoenix is pleased to provide you with municipal government services and information.
We welcome your questions and feedback. If you would like a response to your submission, please provide your name and email address in the form below. Your information will be routed to the appropriate city department based on your topic selection.
City business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for major holidays. You may also reach us at 602-262-6011 or for TTY Call 7-1-1
Download Citywide Directory (PDF)
Descargar Directorio Ciudad (PDF)

Board footera