Rick Potvin's Interesting Topics / Email: rick_potvin@yahoo.com
Public posting no longer allowed as of Dec. 15, 2021 due to uncontrolled spam... Will update later.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/03/2020 9:36 am  #1

MASK WEARING - Makow guest article - to be prepped for print soon

Open Letter to a Pusher of Face DiapersJuly 1, 2020    "A reader has been compelled to decline a position of leadership in his church due to a Fear Masks Mandatory policy imposed by the church leadership. He wrote an Open Letter to the church explaining why he could not accept the position, given the Fear Mask Mandate. His letter is worth publishing here since it touches on an issue that affects all of us, everywhere."    "Masks Mandatory is a policy that I feel prolongs the COVID-19 hysteria and paves the way for the ever-increasing governmental intrusions."   Open Letter to a Face Mask Pusher  by Eric Peters (abridged by henrymakow.com)   =1.5625em"It is with regret, but with a sense of conviction, that I must remove myself from consideration for the Secretary position at [the church].  =1.5625emAt the end of March, my job was cut due to lack of business from -- what I consider to be -- the mass hysteria surrounding COVID-19, perpetuated by the media & governments, including ours here in Ohio.  =1.5625emThis irrationality has led to record-setting unemployment, more infringement on civil liberties than I have seen in my lifetime, more corresponding government overreach, and the disturbing trend of "informing" on fellow citizens.  =1.5625emNational health adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci has publicly stated that he would favor "immunity cards" or "vaccination cards" for Americans to "prove" they are not infected by or carrying the virus. This sort of step would, in my opinion, open the door to unprecedented government restrictions on freedom of movement, financial activity, and other rights.  =1.5625emAgainst this backdrop, I was disheartened to see that the annual meeting would be "Masks Mandatory" for those who wished to meet at the church and that the Wednesday gathering would have the same restrictions. Masks Mandatory is a policy that I feel prolongs the COVID-19 hysteria and paves the way for the ever-increasing governmental intrusions I mentioned above.  =1.5625emToward that end, I will not be attending any services, events, or meetings that are Masks Mandatory, and even attending virtually, especially to be elected to a position, would to me be giving endorsement to the policy and adding to the fear and hysteria it fosters.  I also will not be contributing financially to [the church] so long as such a policy is enforced or promoted by church leadership...   I replied to my correspondent as follows: Dear Chris - I applaud your decision and the caring, yet the incisive way you conveyed your reasons for it. I particularly liked that you made the point about perpetuating unwarranted fear - something which ought to be a concern to people seeking comfort at a church. Are we to live in perpetual fear? Because that is ultimately what this is about. An unseen "threat" that could be anywhere, might strike anyone - like "terrorism" - only even more alarming because invisible and fundamentally something that cannot be defeated. People are going to get sick - from this virus and other viruses. Some will die. Eventually, we will all die. But getting sick is part of life - and to destroy life over the irrational fear of sickness is . . .  sick. It means perpetually living in fear. Who benefits from this? The pastor repeats the argument that Fear Masking is "about protecting our fellow humans," which I italicized for emphasis. This of course is false on the face of it as Fear Masking by people who aren't sick doesn't protect any human and in fact harms them greatly by creating the impression of ubiquitous sickness. Seeing "sick" people everywhere fosters the false impression of danger everywhere. This creates mental sickness - a neurotic fear of getting sick. Which makes people miserable as they cringe in fear of "germs" and "dirty" doorknobs and accepting of being treated like lepers. Or rather, leprous cattle. Sickness Psychosis is sad enough when it afflicts a few people - e.g., the comedian Howie Mandel. But when an entire society is pressured to emulate the behavior and - inevitably - assume the bizarre routines and rituals of mentally ill people? How sad. How pathetic. How dangerous. One of the horrific consequences of Fear Mask acceptance - if it is accepted - will be that normal/reasonable non-neurotic people will be first characterized as "uncaring" (as your pastor passively-aggressively implies you are) and, inevitably, as criminals. Well-meaning (but unthinking) people like your pastor do not understand this danger - despite the logic being very obvious. If it is accepted that Fear Masking is "about protecting our fellow humans" then it is a threat to other humans to not wear one. If so, that cannot be allowed - and violators must be punished. Or at least, sequestered and quarantined. Forced to submit to vaccinations. The whole population must accept limitless diminution of their (former) liberties on the basis that they might be sick and could pose a "threat" to "their fellow humans." There is no end to this, once the principle of presumption is accepted. This whole business is diabolically clever in the way it has weaponized fear, demoralized people, and turned so many of them into people who are not only desperate to signal their misplaced virtue by bending the knee to arbitrary authority - but demand we all bend knee to it. (left, goyim, "cattle") Solzhenitsyn wrote about this - warned about this - that most people won't do evil things unless they can be convinced that evil things are good things. As in, it's a good thing to deport the Kulaks. It is also worth noting that the German Nazis regarded Jews and other enemies of the regime as a biological threat to the regime; as bacilli that had to be exterminated in the name of hygiene. Of course, most people have never read Solzhenitsyn - and the only thing they know about Nazis is the cartoonish image of goose-stepping stormtroopers and that they were "racists." They may soon get a refresher course in both. It is critically important that Fear Masking be curb stomped - for reasons of mental hygiene. If this becomes the "new normal" America is over. It cannot be over-emphasized. The theater is designed to condition the populace to accept insanity - and tyranny.     

You can find this article permanently at https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/07/open-letter-to-a-pusher-of-fac.html

Board footera